If you want the best uncontested divorce lawyer in Illinois, you’ve come to the right place! This article will give you some things to think about when you are ready to start your divorce. When you hire the right Illinois divorce lawyer, your divorce can be fast, and affordable.
I noticed many people search the internet for “best divorce lawyer.” Frankly, I’m not sure any one lawyer is the best for everybody. So in this article I give you a few things to think about. Or, if you’re ready to get started, you can call me at 224-300-0529.
Your uncontested divorce can be fast, affordable, and with a flat fee divorce lawyer. But there are a ton of lawyers out there! So how should choose who to start your divorce with? Consider the following factors:
- Cost: If you are looking for the absolute cheapest lawyer out there, your desire to save money may lead you in the wrong direction. But cost is a valid concern – and many lawyers don’t like to talk about it. I’d suggest calling around. You find that some lawyers are charging super-high flat fees and trying to make a killing off people. I offer a low flat fee, but what’s more, I give personal service. That’s not something that’s common for a low flat fee uncontested divorce.
- Personality: I’d be a fool to think that everyone who calls likes me. While an uncontested divorce in Illinois is supposed to be fast and simple, you should be able to mesh well enough with your lawyer that you can properly communicate to get the job done. When people call me looking to start an uncontested divorce in Illinois, I’ll be upfront with them about what I can do, and my process.
- Strategy: Sometimes when I first talk to someone, they give me way too much detail. After all, an uncontested divorce in Illinois is supposed to be fast, and simple. However, that doesn’t mean that strategy doesn’t come into play. Some people have stickier situations than others. I’ll quickly share my strategy with a client, and it’s usually appreciated. If you want your divorce to go smoothly, you need a lawyer who won’t treat you like an anonymous person off the Internet.
Now that I’ve told you a couple factors to consider when choosing a lawyer, I want to mention a few things to watch out for.
- Referrals from “friends”: Often people get referrals to lawyers from “friends.” However, you should understand that the referrals given are often not for the benefit of the person who needs the lawyer. Many times the purpose of the referral is to benefit the person making the referral. In other words, the person making the referral has something to gain (monetary or not) by making the referral. Sometimes it’s better to find your own lawyer.
- Lack of an actual lawyer: Some lawyers who handle uncontested divorces offer a flat fee. I’m one of them. But unlike many others, communicate with my clients before showing up to court. So many other lawyers leave all non-court client interaction to their paralegals. If an uncontested divorce in Illinois is handled for a flat fee, then services are necessarily limited. However, even when I am handle a fast and affordable uncontested divorce, I want to give my clients the attention they need to end their marriage properly.